Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas / The Cloud of Witnesses




Talking about Bible verses around the house.  Here is one that was stuck on the cork board down the way to the basement for some time, and other places.  It needs to be replaced.












Here is someone else who has kept this verse around:




Here is the text:

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.…  (Hebrews 12: 1 and 2)

It makes me think about how we need to keep alert, fit and moving forward.  It makes me think, how we can only do this with our eyes fixed on Jesus, otherwise we will be running wrong.  His example teaches us how to run and suffer when needed. He took every humiliation and humbling for us.  Those who will believe, will believe.  He is the conqueror.  In his train are all those witnesses.  The Te Deum reminds us of them, also.  Closer to home, I think about my mother and father, and my grandparents, my pastors, and mentors, all the dearly departed in the Lord, and Luther, who has taught me so much, and really brought Christ's work into focus--just as the author of Hebrews is doing here.

This is nice, too.  I need to choose something to print out for the cork board.



Or this, but I don't like the font.





No comments: