Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Upworthy" / Children Gone

I just watched three short videos on "Upworthy".  This one below was linked to my FB by a friend and deals with the struggles of a single Dad whose children have just left after spending the weekend with him.  He won't see them again until the weekend after next.  It is a sensitive 3 min. video shot on an I-Phone.  I think it is beautiful and reminds me also of the time after Stefan died.  There still were the left-overs of his last snack in front of the TV downstairs...  There were so many reminders all over the house--only he was not coming back.

A big difference.  Imagine the pain. Ripped out of the midst of life.

http://www.upworthy.com/a-single-dad-gets-creative-to-deal-with-the-lonely-moments-after-a-weekend-with-his-kids

There are a number of other short and revealing videos, there.  It can help one see what the culture is dealing with.

No comments: