Saturday, October 1, 2011

September

Well, now it's October and I should be finishing the Becker.  If you are interested you might like to have a look at my pictures, as I was able to enjoy a very interesting holiday with my husband looking up relatives, as well as Facebook friends.  We drove down the coast of Washington state and Oregon returning via seeing the mountains of the coastal region.

The reading material along the way consisted of reading the collected works of Flannery O'Connor, American novelist and short story writer.  She has been mentioned much among my Facebook friends and she has certainly been a great discovery for me and my husband.  She rounded out the American experience for us.  The theology behind the stories made for great food for thought and discussion along the way.



Mount Hood on the South Face




Mount Hood's North Side with Orchards

 

From the lighthouse at Cape Disappointment



Oregon coast with rain


Astoria, Oregon



Mount Rainier at Paradise



Mount St. Helens from the closest observatory


1 comment:

Steve Martin said...

It sounds (and looks) like a wonderful trip.

Thanks for sharing those terrific phots with us, Brigitte.