Thursday, October 27, 2011

Discussions with Atheists

What have I been up to?  I just finished this video on a debate with several atheists, including Richard Dawkins and several theists including William Craig in Mexico.  It is almost two hours long.



What I don't understand is how Dawkins keeps getting away with saying that the wonderful process of natural selection could produce the complexities we observe.  What is it exactly we are trying to get at in these debates?   Was this basically a debate about philosophy, then?

As usual, I find that atheists get quite rude in their language.  They cannot content themselves with making their argument.  Part of the argument is always that the opposing side is arrogant, condemning, hateful, lazy and stupid.  I had myself a little battle here this week, that went somewhat that way.  And the language gets ratchet up immediately once you disagree with Dawkins or natural selection.

In the video below there is a speaker Sean Stephenson, a very encouraging man.  He also made an extremely cogent comment toward the end of the debate above.  He also has a cute aside at Richard Dawkins in this talk below.

No comments: