Thursday, February 3, 2011

Busy with reading and other stuff

In the Brecht, we've got to page 150.  It's interesting but starting to feel a little bit like labor.  A good chunk I know about already and I'd rather read Luther's pamphlets than read about them, if you know what I mean. 

During the move I found a little book by Elert on "Last Things".  I've just about finished it.  I've only ever heard about Elert and not read any. Some seemed to blame him for an antinomian tendency in certain circles.  Others thought that was an outrageous thing to say.  I can't see any of that in this booklet.

At some point we want to critique the treatment of Luther in Volume 9 if the Christian History project;  probably this will happen after I finished my current stack of Luther biographies.  I did enjoy rereading the Kittelson and watching the movie again.

But today I am busy otherwise.  Have to get a move on.

No comments: