Saturday, May 9, 2009

Paul Gerhardt statue picture



Gary kindly sent me this picture. Posted without permission, but I think it'll be alright.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I've been more distressed this week. Maybe it'll be a Paul Gerhard day. I went to Stefan's grave now that the snow is gone and shared a bouquet with him. Some from me for him and some from him for me. (Bror, he lies head to toe with some Erickson's, Gustave and Anna.)

The verse underneath Paul Gerhardt's stature says: "Befiehl du deine Wege und was dein Herze kraenkt, der allertreusten Pflege des, der den Himmel lenkt. Der Wolken, Luft und Winden gibt Wege, Lauf und Bahn, der wird auch Wege finden, da dein Fuss gehen kann."

In English: Commit your ways and what ever makes your heart sad to the most faithful care of the One who also steers the heavens. The One who gives paths to the clouds and airs and winds, will also find paths that you can walk on.

No comments: